Saving money is something most of us can appreciate. And creating a greener, more energy-efficient home can help you save money while doing your part to help the planet—two actions that will both benefit you in the long run. Here at Ellington Air Conditioning & Heat, one of our main goals is to provide our customers with the knowledge that equips them to make the well-informed HVAC decisions that will best serve their needs. To that end, we’d like to offer a few ideas for making your home more green.
The Benefits of a Greener, More Energy-Efficient Home
Making your Brevard County home more energy efficient can provide a variety of personal and practical benefits for you and your family:
- Lower utility costs
- Greater comfort
- Healthier living space
- Tax savings
- Energy efficiency rebates
- Peace of mind
- Sense of pride
Ways to Increase Your Home’s Energy Efficiency
Here are some practical steps you can take to make your home greener and more energy-efficient:
- Make sure your home is adequately insulated for more efficient heating and cooling.
- Install energy-efficient windows to keep winter warmth in and summer heat out.
- Ensure that air ducts are well-sealed to prevent heating loss.
- Replace your older, less-efficient furnace.
- Install a programmable thermostat for better HVAC control.
- Seal air leaks to prevent heating and cooling losses.
- Use energy-efficient home appliances.
- Consider solar energy.
- Switch to green power.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with CFLs or LEDs.
- Look for ways to conserve water.
Energy Efficiency: The Healthy Choice That Saves You Money
Living a greener, more energy efficient life by opting for more eco-friendly HVAC solutions can make your home on Florida’s Space Coast healthier, more comfortable and much less expensive to maintain. If living healthy while saving money is important to you, check out Ellington Air Conditioning & Heat’s award-winning HVAC services, or call (321) 631-8411 for further information.