The most valued reporting agency on the planet.
What does ConsumerReports say?
1. All contractors should perform a cooling load calculation.
2. Duct sizing and energy loss through ducts should be inspected. Leaky or inefficient ducts can reduce system SEER rating considerably.
3. Central air conditioning systems cannot be rated properly since
installation affects the system performance more than equipment brand.
Beware of Improper Installations by Those Other Guys
Below on the left side are two examples of poorly installed systems by local contractors. These contractors would not fix their mistakes and left the homeowners with systems that never functioned properly. On the right, you’ll see how Ellington Air Conditioning & Heat reinstalled the same equipment to the manufacturer’s specifications, saving the homeowners significant energy dollars each month. The jobs were completed professionally and neatly with minimum disruption to the homeowner.
1. Due to poor installation, the copper lines will prevent the removal of the evaporator fan motor.
Copper lines, once installed, cannot be moved unless they are removed and reinstalled.
2. Customer purchased a 16 MPG system but this system was only performing at approximately a 10 MPG rating due to air flow problems.
3. Air cleaner was improperly installed, leaving only 4” of space off the ground for the air to return into the unit.
Leaving ONLY 4” for the return air is not adequate for proper air flow to the system. Manufacturers require 16” as a MINIMUM for air flow space.
4. Live electrical wiring was left exposed by the installing contractor.
1. Repaired electrical by relocating and bringing everything up to code.
2. Caulked doors to prevent air leaks and / or intrusion.
Ran lines to allow removal of internal parts and repairs.
3. Properly installed float switch and insulated drain line for proper drainage.
4. Installed unit at proper height for increased air flow.
1. Doors were not properly sealed and caulked. Safety switch was improperly installed to run downhill.
2. Live 115 volt wires left exposed and hanging.
3. Air cleaner was installed ONLY 4” off the ground. This led to very poor air flow. Manufacturers require a minimum of 16”
4. Customer was left with a gaping hole and a very poor attempt at drywall repair.
1. Copper lines were properly routed for access.
2. Repaired drywall and sealed gap that original installing contractor made.
NOTE: All live wires were properly secured and repaired in the wall.
How Does Your IAQ Rate?
Is your Indoor Air Quality healthy?
Did you know the air in your home can contain 10 times more particles than air outside?
Have you ever noticed how much dirt “slips past” your 1 inch filter?
Is it important to you that your unit remains running as efficiently as when you bought it?
Do you cook much in your home? Do you have pets? Are you aware there are air sanitizers that help break down those cooking smells and pet odors?
COLLECT PARTICLES (clean & filter)
with Air Cleaning
High efficiency media air cleaner creates a “magnetic field” in the ductwork capturing dangerous airborne particles.
KILL BACTERIA, MOLD & MILDEW
with UV light.
Ultraviolet lights help stop bacteria, mold and mildew at their source, providing cleaner, healthier air for your family.
SANITIZE THE AIR
with PCO, Oxidation or Absorption
The UV light produces peroxide. This is just like sanitizing a cut and cleaning germs. They also help keep your system clean and in like-new condition.
There may be more in your home than you know. In fact, the air inside your home can be up to 10 times more polluted than the air outside. While today’s better-insulated homes do a great job of keeping out the elements, they also hold in airborne particles that can aggravate breathing difficulties.
Trane CleanEffects provides technologically advanced cleaning, and amazingly enhanced air.
- Removes up to an incredible 99.98% of allergens from filtered air.
- Traps particles as small as .1 micron in size. (That is small enough
to catch the flu virus.)
- Provides up to 100 times more effective cleaning than a standard 1” filter.
- Reduces your need to dust by up to 50%.
Unit performance verified by leading experts at the Harvard School of Public Health.
If your home is between 5 to 10 years old, you likely have one of the 46 million under-insulated homes in the U.S. * While we are in your attic, we can add insulation to meet the recommended guidelines, and you can start enjoying more comfort and savings right away.
Owens Corning makes high quality specially designed for attics, including EcoTouch® insulation with PureFiber® Technology. It’s made with 99% natural materials and nearly twice the recycled content of other brands.
With trusted insulating systems, air sealing, moisture management and sustainable building science, Owens Corning makes it possible to enjoy Complete Energy Performance in your home.
*Harvard School of Public Health, 2003
Call us today to let our family of air conditioning repair experts in Merritt Island, Florida, keep you comfortable.
Ellington’s Price Match Advantage
Our Price Match Advantage is another Ellington Difference that we offer to distinguish us from any competitors. This is one more reason why we’re the highest-rated and most-reviewed HVAC contractor in our service area. We will match the price of a new installation from another dealer, if you get a lower price. All of the following conditions apply.
1. Only applies to models and brands that Ellington Air Conditioning & Heat offers.
2. All competitors’ equipment must be new, in stock, not a closeout / discount sale, discontinued, previous year(s) model and also currently available.
3. The original proposal (dated within 14 days of our visit), must be supplied with all of the pertinent details of comparison, such as but not limited to customer name, address, equipment models number(s), thermostat info, warranty info, exclusions, and date of proposal. Photo copies and/or pictures of estimates, advertisements, or receipts will not be accepted as verification of competitor pricing.
4. No other offer can be combined. This includes but is not limited to a previous repair coupon, Preferred discount, No Worries discount, or any other promotional discounts that Ellington Air Conditioning & Heat may be offering.
5. Price Match only applies in Brevard County and must be with a “brick & mortar” store headquartered within 20 miles of Ellington Air Conditioning & Heat, 3280 Highway US 1 Rockledge, FL 32955.
6. Competitor must have at least 2 dedicated manned service vehicles and provide 7-day service.
7. Must have a 4.8 or higher Google review, with 25 reviews or more, to ensure they will offer proper after-the-sale support.
8. Price match applies to HVAC equipment and installation only. Ducting does not apply.
9. Ellington Air Conditioning & Heat will match the system to the comparable system during an in-home consultation or within 14 days of competitive proposal. Ellington Air Conditioning & Heat will determine, at its sole discretion, whether the system quotation from the competitor qualifies as a match. Our price guarantee is only valid on purchases that include both equipment and installation.
10. Price matching not valid on prior purchases. Must present competitive item information at time of purchase to be eligible.
11. Ellington Air Conditioning & Heat may modify or terminate the system price guarantee, i.e. price matching at any time.